Registration opened on Wednesday, October 23 and will close on Monday, December 9, 17:00 CET (or earlier if capacity is exhausted). The event will accommodate up to 80 teams. As we expect the slots to fill up quickly, we strongly recommend that you register your teams as early as possible.
Registration takes place on the ICPC Baylor system. If you are confused about these registration steps, please be sure to read the contest description first, or contact us at swerc @telecom-paris.fr. The coach of the teams should do the following:
- Check that the institution is in the SWERC region. If you have any doubts about whether you are counted as part of this region, please contact us.
- Check carefully that all members of the team are eligible according to the decision tree.
- Register as coach on ICPC Baylor and register the teams on this system. You must add three contestants to the team, and make sure to complete the whole registration process (i.e., the team should not appear as ineligible, there should be three contestants per team, and each contestant should have completed the registration). Registration will not be confirmed until registration is marked complete for every participant.
- Once registration for your team is completed according to the Baylor system, we will confirm within 48 hours if your team is allocated a slot, and send payment instructions. The invoice for registration fees will include the name of the university, the name of the team, and the name of members at the time the invoice is issued. The invoice will be sent to the coach at the email address indicated when registering: make sure to regularly check your spam folder, especially if you are using GMail, as GMail often misclassifies the invoicing email as spam. The registration fee is 150 EUR per team, which covers the registration of 3 contestants plus 1 coach. The fee will have to be paid by SEPA bank transfer.
Each institution may register up to three teams.
For the first 40 slots, we will accept three teams for each institution straight away.
- For the remaining slots, we will accept the first two teams registered for each institution, according to the order in which the teams are created on the Baylor system. Institutions are still encouraged to register a third team but it will be put on a waiting list. We will confirm on the last day of registration whether the teams on the waiting list can participate or not.
Please note that it is possible to change the members of a team after it has been created in the system, without changing the team's creation date in the system. In other words, coaches can register teams (and pay the registration fee) even if they have not yet chosen which contestants will be participating.
If you have special needs, such as dietary restrictions or mobility restrictions, make sure to fill in the "Special needs" field when registering on Baylor. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Some extra fields are requested by Baylor when registering teams and members. We ask for a name or nickname and URL of homepage to display on public Web site: we will list the teams on the SWERC Web site as well as individual team members for those who wish. These fields allow every team member to decide under which name or nickname they would like to appear on such a page, and whether they would want their name to link to a homepage or social media profile. If you wish to appear as an anonymous member, write “-” in the field. Please do not try to impersonate someone else: we will only allow names that look like your real name or a reasonable nickname.
Contestants whose participation is self-funded (i.e., is not fully covered by their university) and who find it difficult to afford the registration fee or on-side expenses are encouraged to contact us.
By early December, each team will be contacted to provide additional information about their participation in the event (choice of keyboards, attendance at the social event, mode of transportation, etc.)