Registration to SWERC has opened as of November 16, 2020, and will end on February 10, 2021 at 4 PM Paris time. Registration takes place on the ICPC Baylor system. If you are confused about these registration steps, please be sure to read the contest description first, or contact us at swerc @telecom-paris.fr.
The contest will take place as an online event this year, with the possibility of optional on-site events if feasible. When registering, teams should select which one of 11 sites is geographically closest to them: see a map of sites. To select your site when creating your team in the ICPC system, click on one of the sites with a jigsaw puzzle icon when clicking on “The 2020-2021 Southwestern Europe Regional Contest”. There will be no requirement to travel to the selected site, or to travel at all. Contestants should not make travel plans for now as modalities of on-site events (if any) will be confirmed later.
There is no registration fee this year.
The coach of the teams should do the following:
- Check that the institution is in the SWERC region. If you have any doubts about whether you are counted as part of this region, please contact us.
- Check the map of sites and select the site which is the most convenient to reach.
- Check carefully that all members of the team are eligible according to the decision tree.
- Register as coach on ICPC Baylor and register the teams on this system, selecting the right site.
- Indicate the three team members of your team, and have the team members complete the registration.
- Once registration for your team is completed according to the Baylor system, please wait for further instructions from us by email.
This year, each institution may register up to two teams. To promote diversity in our pool of participants, an institution may register three teams if at least two of the institution's nine contestants are female.
Please note that it is possible to change the members of a team after it has been created in the system, without changing the team's creation date in the system. In other words, coaches can register teams even if they have not yet chosen which contestants will be participating. However, all teams must be completed with the final participant information before the registration deadline.
If you have special needs, such as dietary restrictions or mobility restrictions, make sure to fill in the “Special needs” field when registering on Baylor. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. This information will be used if on-site events are planned later.
Some extra fields are requested by Baylor when registering teams and members. We ask for a name or nickname and URL of homepage to display on public Web site: we will list the teams on the SWERC Web site as well as individual team members for those who wish. These fields allow every team member to decide under which name or nickname they would like to appear on such a page, and whether they would want their name to link to a homepage or social media profile. If you wish to appear as an anonymous member, write “-” in the field. Please do not try to impersonate someone else: we will only allow names that look like your real name or a reasonable nickname.