Registration will open on Monday, September 11 and will close on Friday, November 10 (or earlier if capacity is exhausted). The event will accommodate up to 70 teams. As we expect the slots to fill up quickly, we strongly recommend that you register your teams as early as possible.
Once open, registration will take place on ICPC Baylor. The steps will be the following:
- Check that your institution is in the SWERC region. If you have any doubts about whether you are counted as part of this region, please contact us.
- Check carefully that all members of the team are eligible according to the decision tree.
- Register as coach on ICPC Baylor and register your teams on this system.
- Once registration for your team is completed according to the Baylor system, we will confirm if your team(s) is allocated a slot, and send payment instructions. The exact payment mechanism and fees will be announced later (and no later than September 11).
The rules to allocate the 70 slots are as follows. They apply differently to regular institutions and to distinguished institutions. The 7 distinguished institutions are the ones for which at least one team ranked in the first 12 places of SWERC'16, namely: ENSU, ETH, UPC, FCUP, UHaifa, EPFL, TN. The regular institutions are all other institutions. There are two periods:
- From September 11 to October 9 noon Paris time:
- 14 slots are reserved for the first two teams of the distinguished institutions. We will confirm these teams soon after registration.
- 56 slots are reserved for the first teams of regular institutions. We will confirm these teams by order of registration.
- From October 9 noon Paris time to the registration deadline on Baylor:
- By order of registration (and including any remaining teams from the first period), we will confirm the first three teams of each distinguished institution and the first two teams of each regular institution.
Coaches, please note: The order among teams for each institution will be set according to the order in which they are created on the Baylor system.
If you have special needs, such as dietary restrictions or mobility restrictions, make sure to fill in the "Special needs" field when registering on Baylor. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.