SWERC 2023-2024 will be hosted in the Jussieu campus of Sorbonne University, which is located at 4 place Jussieu, 75005 Paris.
Reaching the contest venue
There are two possible ways to reach the contest venue via public transportation:
- By metro, using line 10 or 7 (station "Jussieu"),
- By bus, using lines 67 or 89 (stop at "Jussieu"), 87 (stop at "Jussieu Minéraux") or 75 (stop at "Institut du Monde Arabe").
In both cases, you can use a standard 2.10€ ticket t+ for a trip. These tickets are cheaper when bought in batches of 10 (carnet).
Reaching Paris via train
All train stations in Paris are well connected by metro and bus.
Reaching Paris via plane
If you're coming by plane, you will land at one of the three main airports:
- Roissy Charles de Gaulle (CDG) – The RER B train leads you to Paris — a ticket costs about 11€.
- Orly (ORY) – The OrlyBus brings you to the Denfert Rochereau RER station. Again the ticket costs about 11€.
- Beauvais (BVA) – This airport is very far from Paris. A shuttle service to porte Maillot costs about 17€.
Accommodation in Paris
Hotels near the campus might be a bit expensive. A cheaper option is to stay in the close suburbs, ideally reachable via the metro line 7.
We have discount codes for twin rooms (2 single beds + breakfast for 143€) at the Ibis Styles Porte d'Italie. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request them. We will distribute them on a first-come, first-served basis.
Alternatives on Metro line 7 include:
- Comfort Hotel Paris Porte d'Ivry
- B&B Paris Italie Porte de Choisy
- Novotel Paris 13 Porte d'Italie
If you would rather stay close to the banquet venue, which is located approx. 30 minutes away from the contest venue, you can use the code ISSYPRO for an 8% discount at the Hôtel Paris d'Issy.